expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Amazing Fairy Princess Witch


Decisions are tough... especially when you are two and a  half.  I have spent the last few weeks trying to get my daughter to decide what she would like to dress up as for Halloween.  Now don't get me wrong, it isn't that she didn't have an answer for me each time I asked the question.  She just has been unable to pick one.  

Mermaid... pirate... princess... monster... fairy... witch... the choice has changed each time.

I'm sure many of you are thinking to yourselves "She is two, just pick one and stick with it."  This sounds like such a simple solution and one I seriously contemplated.  The thing is, my daughter is a very opinionated, fashion conscious little girl who refuses to wear anything she doesn't like.  I would like to be able to say that I have no idea where she gets this from, but that would be a lie.

As Halloween night crept closer, my daughter finally made her declaration...
"I want to be a fairy princess witch."

Hmmm... okay.  It is a creative combination and completely doable = mommy victory!

I am not one who likes to go out and spend a fortune on a costume that will get worn one night.  So I decided to attempt to put together this ensemble.  I will credit the adorable tutu to my little sister (she wore it in a recital when she was three).  I repurposed a pink wand with black paint and silver glitter to add the fairy-ness.  My mom picked up the tiny witch hat that topped it all off.  I think it turned out precious!


She was so excited to dress up and go trick or treating!  Unfortunately the weather canceled all festivities on Halloween night, so we had to wait an extra day.  It worked out for the best though because we were able to go the next night and boy did she get lots of candy!



What was your Halloween experience like this year?


6 comments :

  1. Oh, she is cute! I know we have had a year where one girl used her dance recital outfit as her trick-or-treating costume. So easy! The bad weather got us on Wednesday so guess it moved to your state by the next evening. Glad you had a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to repurpose things and get more use out of them... especially when it comes to Halloween costumes! Hope you had a wonderful Halloween!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica! I hope your daughter had a great halloween! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer a question regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to sharing your amazing story of strength Heather! I will be emailing you soon with questions. Hope you are having an wonderful week so far...

      Delete